Diploma in English Language & Literature
This programme will be of special interest to –
- Those interested in developing their communication skills in English and gaining a basic knowledge of English Literature.
- Teachers of English who wish to enhance their understanding and appreciation of English language and literature.
- Those interested in obtaining a higher academic qualification in English
- Advanced Reading Skills – LED3507
- Advanced Writing Skills – LED3508
- Advanced Grammar & Communication Skills – LED3509
- Introduction to Poetry – LED3510
- Introduction to Fiction – LED3511
- Introduction to Drama – LED3512
All applicants must be over 18 and have:
(a)Passed the OUSL Certificate in Professional English (after 2012) with a minimum of 3 “C” passes;
(b)Passed the OUSL Advanced Certificate in English for Business and Professional Communication Stage II, with the following minimum passes: “B+” in Reading and Writing, and “B-” in Business Communication Skills and Speech & Listening;
(c)Obtained three (3) passes at the GCE Advanced Level and a pass at the Selection Test for the above programme conducted by the Department of Language Studies;
(d)Passed any Foundation Course offered by the OUSL and a pass at the Selection Test for the above programme conducted by the Department of Language Studies;
(e)Obtained an equivalent or any other higher qualification acceptable to the Senate of the OUSL and a pass at the Selection Test for the above programme conducted by the Department of Language Studies.
All the applicants applying under category (c) and/or (d) and/or (e) are required to sit for a Selection Test on 30thof January 2022 from 10:00 am to 11:30 am to be held at all the 09 Regional Centres of OUSL (Colombo, Kandy, Matara, Anuradhapura, Batticaloa, Badulla, Kurunegala, Jaffna and Ratnapura).
Leave a Reply