Master in Human Rights – MHR 2021/22
Application are closing on 20th September 2021
Those who are unable to pay the application fee to the Bank, they can pay the application fee using the online payment (Pay Online) method of the University of Colombo. Please select “Course Fee – pst grad(FGS/FMF/FOS/Law” for the Fee Type and type the account code starting from 318…. given at the advertisement for Payment Reference and proceed the payment. You should submit the online payment confirmation receipt instead of payment slip in addition to the requested documents as mentioned in the advertisement.
Human rights have evolved into a distinct academic discipline with theoretical and practical importance, drawing inspiration from several fields of study. Learning human rights also has become central to many professional careers, including law, public administration, and development work. There is a considerable need to train people to study and to undertake research in human rights at postgraduate level. The course intends to get the students engage in serious research based on different dimensions of the broad human rights discourse and to enhance their knowledge, skills, and attitudes through offering different course modules. In this year, new changes are introduced, by adding new courses to keep abreast with emerging trends in the field of human rights, and initiating suitable methods of teaching and evaluating to achieve the objectives of the course. It is wished to identify diverse needs of participants coming from various backgrounds and to cater for those
· To educate and train students in both theoretical and practical aspects of human rights application, drawing knowledge from historical, philosophical, legal, international and domestic dimensions of human rights;
· To generate and inculcate analytical skills among students to enable them to undertake research and to be involved in the promotion and protection of human rights;
· To identify and describe expectations specified in the international and domestic instruments that pertain to Human Rights Education;
· To trace generations of Human Rights and rights of different groups whose rights are at stake; To understand the conditions for ensuring effective Human Rights Education;
· To submit a well-researched scholarly analysis of the subject matter in the form of a dissertation.