Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language (MA TESL) – 2023/24
(with exit points at Postgraduate Diploma and Masters by coursework)
Recognized by the Ministry of Education
Applications are now open for the MA TESL degree 2023/24 batch. The MA TESL programme offered by the PGIE is the
pioneering TESL qualification in the country and counts over 15 years of experience. The programme has been developed with
international expertise, integrating the latest global trends in English Language Teaching. It provides a flexible pathway for:
- University lecturers from Departments of English Language Teaching
- Current English teachers seeking professional development and a recognized qualification
- Teacher educators
- Those with English teaching experience or qualifications interested in becoming fully fledged English teachers
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (English Medium), or
- A Bachelor’s Honors degree in English and/or ELT, or
- A Bachelor’s Honors degree in Linguistics (English Medium) A Bachelor’s degree with Teaching English as a subject, or
- A Bachelor’s degree with English as a subject One year, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in the English medium – Two years teaching English teaching experience or Postgraduate certificates in ELT, Teaching English as a Second Language, or Teaching English as a Foreign Language,
- All candidates must pass at the Entry Test for the Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language conducted by the PGIE.
- Advertisement – Click Here
- Application Closing Date – 30th June 2023.
- Selection Test – 08th July 2023
- APPLICATION LINK: Click Here
- Website – Click Here
All three programmes include a practicum, and a portfolio compiled by the students.
TESL programme in more detail Download Brochure Student Handbook
Leave a Reply