Symposium on English Language Teaching-2019
ELTC, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
10th May 2019
“Enhancing Pedagogic Practices in ELT: Expectations and Realities”
“Enhancing Pedagogic Practices in ELT: Expectations and Realities” is the theme of Symposium on English Language Teaching- 2019 University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka organized by the ELTC. The theme of the conference reflects what is encountered by the teachers and practitioners in the day to day language teaching exercise with regard to the available facilities and the expectations of the students and society. Since teaching of English as a second language in Sri Lankan context especially in the Northern Province where the opportunities for using the language is very minimum and learning the language in an atmosphere where not much exposure to the language is again at minimum, it is hoped that the research focusing on the expectations and realities would enhance the pedagogic practices in ELT. Therefore, the symposium would provide a platform for presenting the actual reality of the teaching ESL to all stakeholders and become a forum for analyzing and finding out alternative solutions to encounter the issues faced by the teachers and students.
The input of the intellectual gathering and the discussions and interactions with them in the symposium would pave way for more exposure to the latest trends with regard to the ELT methods and strategies used by various communities of ELT practitioners in different contexts and the teaching and learning community would have a chance to organise their pedagogic abilities and knowledge in the present world.
The sub-themes of the symposium would lead the researchers to get themselves encouraged and worked in their respective areas and present their research in front of an international intellectual gathering. This exercise would motivate younger researchers and students to continue their studies and research in the ELT and become contributors making awareness in the fast developing field of ELT.
- Language Acquisition and Learning
- Language Education Policies
- Language Teaching in Bilingual and Multilingual Contexts
- Language Teaching Theories
- Current Methods and Innovations in ELT
- New Literacy and Digital Tools for ELL
- Language Curriculum and Syllabus Design
- English for General, Specific and Academic Purposes
- English as a Second, a Foreign and an International Language
- Teaching of English in Different Contexts
- Learner and Teacher Autonomy
- Professional Development for Language Teachers
- Applied Linguistics for Language Teaching
- Literary and Linguistic Studies for ELT
- Literature in the Language Classroom
- Theatre Tasks for Language Teaching
- Use of Translated Pieces in ELT
- The Mass Media in ELT
- Any other topics relevant to the conference theme
Abstract / Poster Submission Deadline: 10th April 2019
Notification of Acceptance : 24th April 2019
Submission of Presentation Slides: 01st May 2019
Deadline for Participant Registration: 2nd May 2019
error: Content is protected !!