Diploma in Food Science
- This Programme will be of interest to Those who would like to gain basic theoretical knowledge and practical training in the field of Food Science and applications in the Food Industry.
Those who are employed in the Food Industry and seek an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills.
APPLY – ONLINE
Details – DETAILS
- Fundamentals of Chemistry and Biology for Food Science
- Basic Mathematics and Statistics for Food Science
- Introduction to Food Science and Constituents of Food
- Food Microbiology and Food spoilage
- Food Preservation and Processing
- Quality Assurance in Food Industry
- Laboratory sessions in Food Science
- Novel applications in Food Industry
- Passed G.C.E (A/L) in Science stream with Chemistry as a subject or Technology stream with Bio systems technology, or
- Passed in three (03) subjects including Chemistry (equivalent to 60 credits) at Foundation Level courses offered by the Open University Sri Lanka, or
- Successfully completed a NVQ level 5 qualification and a minimum of three years experience in Food / Food related Industry, or
- An equivalent or a higher qualification acceptable to the Senate of The Open University of Sri Lanka.
Online Applications :
20th November 2022
Closing Date for Applications :
20th December 2022
Programme commencing date :
21st January 2023
Course fees structure for the Diploma in Food Science programme for the Academic year 2022/2023 are as follows.
Application Fee: Rs. 500/-
Registration Fee : Rs. 500/-
Facility Fee : Rs. 2,500/-
Library Fee : Rs. 100/-
Tuition Fee (30 credits) : Rs. 79,200/-
Laboratory Fee : Rs. 8,000/-
Payments can be made in two installments. (Tuition fee only)
1st Installment – 60%
2nd Instalment – 40%