Vacancies – Academic & Academic Support position in the Faculty of Engineering and Science
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA
University of Jaffna will entertain applications from the qualified persons for the under mentioned posts.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Senior Professor/ Professor of Computer Engineering/ Electrical and Electronic Engineering/Mechanical Engineering
- Senior Lecturer Grade I / Senior Lecturer Grade II/Lecturer (Unconfirmed)/ Lecturer (Probationary) in *Civil Engineering / Computer Engineering/Electrical and Electronic Engineering/ **Mechanical Engineering/***Engineering Mathematics
- *For positions in Civil Engineering special consideration will be given to those who have sound knowledge in Geotechnical Engineering and Construction management.
- **For positions in Mechanical Engineering special consideration will be given to those who have sound knowledge in Mechanical, Production and Process Engineering.
- ***For positions in Engineering Mathematics, special consideration will be given to those who have sound knowledge in Engineering Mathematics. Background in Engineering will be considered additional qualification.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- Scientific Assistant Grade I/ Grade II
- For positions of Scientific Assistant special consideration will be given to those who have Special degree in Computer Science or Information Communication Technology (ICT) as one of the relevant subjects.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS
Post Salary scale
Senior Professor Rs.139,175 – 11 x 2,925– 171,350/-p.m
Professor Rs.117,350-13 x 2,700-152,450/-p.m
Senior Lecturer Grade I Rs.91,310-7 x 2,170-106,500/-p.m
Senior Lecturer Grade II Rs.79,360-11 x 1,630-97,290/-p.m
Lecturer (Unconfirmed) Rs.69,580-5 x 1,630-77,730/-p.m
Lecturer (Probationary) Rs.54,600-10 x 1,335-67,950/-p.m
Scientific Assistant Grade I Rs.50,625-3 x 1,335-54,360 (EB) 55,965-14x 1,335-74,655/-p.m
Scientific Assistant Grade II Rs.48,385-19 x 690-61,495/-p.m
- Note 03:
The above salary scales for permanent positions are fully operative w.e.f 01.01.2020 and the placement of salary applicable to the posts for the years 2019 & 2020 will be made in accordance with the University Grants Commission Circular No.17/2016(v) dated 01.06.2018.
In addition to the above salary,
The following allowances will be paid as the percentage of the basic salary:
- Academic allowance
Senior Professor – 167%
Professor – 162%
Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II – 151%
Lecturer (Unconfirmed) – 131%
Lecturer (Probationary) – 115%
- Research allowance – 35% (Payable to the Academic Staff based on the research activity)
- Monthly Compensatory Allowance- 45% (Only for Scientific Assistant Gr.I/Gr.II)
- Additional monthly allowance – 20% (for all permanent post)
- Cost of living allowance of Rs.7,800/-p.m.
- Sabbatical leave entitlement for the holder of the Post of Senior Lecturer Gr.II and above
- Membership in Universities Provident Fund and Pension Scheme in the University system
- Gratuity payments
- Employees’ Trust Fund benefits
- Free Medical Services
Application should reach us on or before as indicated below:
- Post of Senior Professor/ Professor -20.05.2019
- Other posts -23.04.2019
Applications and other documents for the Post of Senior Professor/Professor shall be sent to the Vice-Chancellor with a covering letter. Applications for the other posts, completed applications along with certified copies of the statements of the Degrees should be sent to the Deputy Registrar/Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
* Applicants for the Post of Professor are requested to submit the following in addition to
the prescribed Application Form:
a) 18 copies of his/her Curriculum Vitae
b) 18 copies of self-assessment of his/her whole career that lists and specifies the
- Teaching, Scholarship and Academic Development
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Work
- Dissemination of Knowledge
- Awards, University, National and International Development Activities
The Self Assessment should be prepared in accordance with the marking scheme, (issued with this document) giving details under each heading/sub heading.
c) Three copies each of the documents to support self assessment in :
- Teaching, Scholarship and Academic Development (Section 1.0)
- Research, Scholarship and Creative Work (Section 2.0)
- Dissemination of Knowledge (Section 3.1)
- Awards, University, National and International Development Activities and
other relevant documents listed in the self assessment. (Section 3.2 & 3.3)
(Section 2.0 & 3.1 could be prepared as a separate document)
d) Titles of five (05) outstanding research publications/research papers by the
Application forms and other details will be available in the University website www.jfn.ac.lk. Downloaded application forms should accompany with the paid Bank Slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/- credited to the Peoples Bank Account No: 162-1-001- 6-0000880 of Bursar, University of Jaffna.
Application forms and other details may be obtained from the office of the Deputy Registrar, Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, on a payment of Rs.100/- per application form. Those who wish to obtain application forms by post are requested to send a self – addressed stamped envelope 23×10 c.m. in size along with the paid Bank Slip to the above address.
The candidates who apply for more than one position should submit separate application along with separate Bank slip. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Applicants from the University System/Government Departments /Corporations and Statutory Board should channel their applications through the Head of respective Institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such
applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
Illegible & incomplete applications, and applications received by the University after the closing date will be rejected without intimation. Only short- listed applicants will be called for an interview.
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA