VACANCIES – UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA, SRI LANKA
University of Jaffna will entertain applications from the qualified persons for the under mentioned posts.
Special Note: After processing the applications, appointments will be made in concurrence with UGC and the Department of Management Services.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Senior Professor/Professor of Computer Engineering
- Senior Lecturer Grade I / Senior Lecturer Grade II/Lecturer (Unconfirmed)/ Lecturer (Probationary) in Computer Engineering
Note – The Candidates with the specialization of “Electrical and Electronic Engineering” or “Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering” or “Electronic Engineering” will also be considered, if their transcript has satisfied level of credit components in “Computer Engineering” specialized program.
REMUNERATION AND OTHER BENEFITS
|Senior Professor||Rs.139,175 – 11 x 2,925– 171,350/-p.m|
|Professor||Rs.117,350-13 x 2,700-152,450/-p.m|
|Senior Lecturer Grade I||Rs.91,310-7 x 2,170-106,500/-p.m|
|Senior Lecturer Grade II||Rs.79,360-11 x 1,630-97,290/-p.m|
|Lecturer (Unconfirmed)||Rs.69,580-5 x 1,630-77,730/-p.m|
|Lecturer (Probationary)||Rs.54,600-10 x 1,335-67,950/-p.m|
In addition to the above salary,
- The following allowances will be paid as the percentage of the basic salary:
- Academic allowance
- Senior Professor – 167%
- Professor – 162%
- Senior Lecturer Gr.I/Gr.II – 151%
- Lecturer (Unconfirmed) – 131%
- Lecturer (Probationary) – 115%
- Research allowance – 35% (Payable to the Academic Staff based on the research
- Additional monthly allowance – 20%
- Academic allowance
- Cost of living allowance of Rs.7,800/-p.m.
- Monthly allowance of Rs.5,000/-
- Sabbatical leave entitlement for the holder of the Post of Senior Lecturer Gr.II and above
- Membership in Universities Provident Fund and Pension Scheme in the University system
- Gratuity payments
- Employees’ Trust Fund benefits
- Free Medical Services
- Application Form
- Referee Report Form
- Details of Applications for the post of Professor
- Scheme of Recruitments Amalameated 26.11.2020 (Non Medical Dental)
Applications should reach us on or before the date given below:
- Post of Senior Professor/Professor – 01.12.2023
- Other posts – 01.11.2023
Applicants are requested to send the prescribed application form downloaded from the University website with the paid Bank Slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/- credited to the Peoples Bank in favour of University of Jaffna Collection Account No: 970000090000387 of Bursar, University of Jaffna.
The candidates who apply for more than one post should submit separate application along with separate Bank slip. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Perfected applications and self-evaluation with supportive documents for the Post of Senior Professor/Professor shall be sent to the Vice-Chancellor, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka as required by the University Grants Commission Circulars No. 5/2015, 5/2015(i) (for Senior Professor), University Grants Commission Circulars 916, 4/2014 and Establishments Circular No. 4/2010 (for Professor), (see http://www.jfn. ac.lk /index.php/circular) with a covering letter.
Perfected applications for the other posts shall be sent to the Deputy Registrar/Academic Establishments, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka under registered post with the photocopies of statement of the Degrees and Service certificates. Submission of Applications will not be entertained in person.
Applicants from the University System/Government Departments /Corporations and Statutory Board should channel their applications through the Head of respective Institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
Application and referees reports should be in the relevant format. Illegible and Incomplete applications and applications received after the closing date will be rejected without intimation. Only short- listed applicants will be called for an interview.
UNIVERSITY OF JAFFNA,